Monday, October 8, 2012

Three countries I chose for the interview


Since there are more than half the numbers of my classmates are international students and I am counted as one. I personally want to know more about some countries where the other come from as well as the United States. Hopefully, after the interview, I will get to know more about some other people and cultures. From that I could see the differences between my home country and the other countries as well as get a chance to learn what I haven’t taught in my country. I have chosen and took a brief look at three countries that I feel interested in the most. They are South Korea, Bangladesh, and the United States.  
Firstly, let’s take a look at South Korea, the country I personally feel the most interested in among the other two as well as all of the other countries. I’ve been admiring this country’s development in technology, fashion as well as its customs. South Korea is a beautiful country located in Eastern Asia with its capital Seoul and a population of 48,598,175 (1). In general, there are four aspects which are significant in the Korean society and culture concept: Korean family values, Confucianism, ancestors, and the concept of Kibun. As what I have been informed, Korean life style is somewhat similar to my home lifestyle but obviously, Korean still has their own distinct and unique culture. I will focus on those four aspects interviewing my classmates.

Next country I will interview about is Bangladesh, another interesting country located in Southern Asia. Bangladesh has a population of 144,319,628 (2) and the capital Dhaka. The reason why I chose Bangladesh is because I have got to know quite many Bangladesh friends but have not really known much about this country. After researching some resources, I get a conclude that there will be three main points of the Bangladesh culture and society concept that I want to mention in the interview. They are hierarchy, religion and festival. Besides, I will also interview about the customs and etiquette in Bangladesh.

Lastly, as an international student studying in the United States, there are so much more I want to know about the people, American way of living, and education systems beside what I have got to known. Due to its development in education and economic, America has been always the hottest place for immigration. Its population until 2007 was 301,139,947 (3) which is a huge number. From what I have been experiencing and researching, there are three obvious words about American society and culture: "Diversity", "informal and friendly", and "time is money". I definitely have a lot to ask about, not only the America culture but also the way my American interviewee view his/her home country people and life.

Those above are the countries I feel interested in and curious to know more about. Hopefully by interviewing some people in the class, I will achieve my objectives which are know more about cultures and people in other countries, know how the interviewees view their culture personally, be able to conclude some differences between my home country and the other countries, get a chance to learn what I haven’t taught in my home country, and most important, get to know more about the interviewees as my classmates.

Bibliography:
(1): "Kwintessential." South Korea - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct 2012. http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/south-korea-country-profile.html.
(2):  "Kwintessential." Bangladesh - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct 2012. <http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/bangladesh.html>.
(3): "Kwintessential." USA - Language, Culture, Customs and Etiquette. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 Oct 2012. <http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/usa.html>.
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment